Meet HC Belmont: Sarah Sholar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Sarah Sholar

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Morganton, NC

Major/ Minor: Music Business

Role at HC Belmont: Writer, Founder

What are your interests and hobbies?

I’m obsessed with watercolor painting, drinking ridiculous amounts of coffee, spending my free time in Target, and watching my fish Maren swim around.

What are you involved in/off-campus?

I’m a member of Service Corps and Bruin Recruiters, which keeps me busy on campus!  Off-campus, I just started a new internship, I work as a nanny, and I’m involved in an incredible church.

Why did you choose Belmont?

I chose Belmont because, as cliché as it sounds, it felt like home the first time I stepped on campus.  I have crazy dreams and I knew from day one that the people here would help me reach them.

Any Role Models? Why?

Taylor Swift has been my role model for 10 years now.  I think she is the epitome of grace and sophistication.  I really admire the way she isn’t afraid to share her story but, more than anything, I love her genuine supportive spirit of the people she loves.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?

My favorite spot at Belmont is the area in front of MPAC and Massey with the gazebos.  Cliché, but true.  My favorite spot in Nashville is Frothy Monkey.  Can’t stop, won’t stop.

Fun fact about me:

I once had dinner with Taylor Swift at her house.

What is your favorite thing about HC?

I love that Her Campus allows women to speak up about the things that are most important to them.

Favorite Quote?

“Nothing safe is worth the drive.”

Favorite Food?

Does coffee count?

Favorite Movie?

HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS!!! Or Elf.  Always Elf.

Favorite Song?

My favorite song changes literally every single day, but right now I’m really into “Truthfully” by DNCE.

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I’m pretty quiet and introverted, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have anything to say. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.