Meet HC Belmont: Paulina Villalon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Paulina Villalon

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Role at HC Belmont: Writer

What are your interests and hobbies?

Just like most of the Belmont population, I’m a singer/songwriter so music is a huge part of my life. I’m also a big fan of romantic comedies and have seen pretty much all of them.

What are you involved in/off-campus?

I currently work remote for a music-marketing company located back in Phoenix, and have a couple campus jobs in the Art Center. I’m also a member of the BU Songwriting Association.

Why did you choose Belmont?

Since music is a big part of who I am, the music program was definitely a factor. Beyond that, I was really drawn to the community and the focus on academics. Also, the campus pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Any Role Models? Why?

I really look up to Emma Watson, and not just because I’m a huge Hermione fan. She’s a very fierce advocate for women’s rights, and for making sure that girls in third world countries get a chance at an education. Women empowerment is something that I care a lot about so I really appreciate all the good she’s done for that cause.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?

My favorite spot on campus is in a gazebo. It’s the perfect spot to play guitar, do homework, or just relax.

Fun Fact about me: I’ve taken 6 years worth of classes for dead languages. I took four years of Latin and two of Ancient Greek (and actually liked it).

What is your favorite thing about HC?

I love seeing all the super relatable posts on social media.

Favorite quote:

“All shall be well.” -Julian of Norwich

Favorite food:

All of it?

Favorite movie:

Anything Disney.

Favorite song:

Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I am super open minded and non-judgemental. I love when people are just a hundred percent themselves and aren’t afraid to seem weird.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.