Meet HC Belmont: Kat Lejeune

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Kat LeJeune

Year: Junior

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

Major/ Minor: Music Business, Legal Emphasis

Role at HC Belmont: Director of Social Media

What are your interests and hobbies?

I’m not sure if coffee is technically a hobby, but coffee. I’m also really into beauty/fashion and basically all things creative. I have a dog and I would definitely consider her an interest (borderline obsession).

What are you involved in/off-campus?

I’m the treasurer of a community service organization, Circle K, and an avid dog petter.

Why did you choose Belmont?

I was really undecided about where I wanted to go to school and Belmont was a really late decision for me. When I finally visited campus at the end of April, I just knew this was the place for me.

Any Role Models? Why?

I don’t believe in role models. I prefer to look up to specific actions rather than specific people. No one is perfect all the time and it’s unfair to expect that just because a person is considered a role model. Identifying actions of an individual that are exemplary of certain behaviors or career choices is a more reasonable way to admire a person without placing undue pressure on them. It also allows you to pick and choose actions and behaviors of a variety of people to create a more well-rounded model to aspire to.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?

My favorite spot at Belmont is the fourth floor lobby of the Johnson Center – it’s a great spot for studying! My favorite place in Nashville (and possibly the United States) is the Natchez Trace Double Arch Bridge. It’s seriously so peaceful and my go-to place for when I’m feeling overwhelmed.

Fun fact about me:

I stress bake. People think I’m joking when I say this, but just wait till finals come around. The amount of baked goods in my apartment will increase proportionately to my stress levels.

What is your favorite thing about HC?

I love how inclusive Her Campus is. The goal of HC is empowering women and that spreads across all races, religions, political views, and everything else that divides us.

Favorite Quote?

“Cogito Ergo Sum” it’s a Latin phrase that translates to I think therefore I am. It reminds me that you don’t have to justify your existence – you think and you live and you don’t have to do more than that to be.

Favorite Food?

Broccoli

Favorite Movie?

Love Actually

Favorite Song?

“Killer Queen” – Queen

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I wish more people knew that I don’t have everything figured out. I’m not sure how I fooled people into thinking that I have my life completely put together, but I’m still trying to figure out what I want just like everyone else. Sometimes (frequently) I come off as unapproachable because I look put together, but I’m actually a giant goofball that cries at dogs because they’re so beautiful.

Remember to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.