Meet HC Belmont: Jessica Dunlap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Jessica Dunlap

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Nashville, TN

Major/ Minor: Design Communications

Role at HC Belmont: Photographer

What are your interests and hobbies?

Photography (duh), Videography, crafts, DIY, thrifting, camping, hiking, road tripping, art, food 

What are you involved in/off-campus?  

Navigators (bible study/Christan group), work studies at Cottage Cove which is a non-profit after school care for elementary-middle school kids 

Why did you choose Belmont?  

I found a girl on Instagram who did design and photography, saw she went to Belmont, signed up for Preview Day, and fell in love. Didn’t apply anywhere else (now realize how crazy that kinda was). 

Any Role Models? Why? 

Jesus because he is so loving and caring. Mr. Kate, an interior designer on youtube, because she’s really funny, quirky, and creative. Also, Sawyer Hartman, a vlogger on youtube, because he travels and videos the simple things in life (plant, water, earth). All very positive people. Oh, and my 2D color teacher Michelle Corvette – sweetest human being and has a true passion for her work.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?  

Art building. Library. anywhere outside on campus.  Downtown Historic Franklin, Natchez Trace Bridge, Percy Priest Lake, Warner Park, Arcade (downtown has little shops and food – maggies cafe has the best chicken tenders), Mikes Ice Cream (downtown),  Oscar’s Taco Shop ($1 churros, so good), farmers market…the list is endless 

Fun fact about me:  

from Nashville, born and raised on a farm (horses). Went to high school at Hume-Fogg which is the castle building right in the middle of Broadway. 

What is your favorite thing about HC?   It’s fun, relatable, and actually has good advice (because there are other websites, youtube videos, and other platforms in general that give advice, but aren’t really useful or probable). 

Favorite Quote?

and so the adventure begins… “Many people are alive but don’t touch the miracle of being alive.” – Thich Nhat Hanh (a monk) “You are worth more than many sparrows” – Matthew 10:31 

Favorite Food?

pizza. more specifically pepperoni with cheese stuffed crust 

Favorite Movie

So many, but one fav is My Girl. 

Favorite Song?

sooo many Shiver Shiver or Work This Body by Walk the Moon (anything by them) 

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I would love to take more photos of people and that I have a photography Instagram account @jessicadunlap.jpg… oh and my plant has an Instagram @janettheplant

Remember to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.