This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

The opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.

I tried out some of the Mary Kay skincare products that were included in the last HC Survival Kit. Here are my thoughts!

Mary Kay Naturally Purifying Cleanser

I really like this cleanser. It is very gentle on my skin and I feel like it washes my face without being harsh or making my face feel very dry. I’ve used it for about two weeks now and it hasn’t made my face break out at all, but it hasn’t gotten rid of breakouts either. If you don’t break out a lot, then I would recommend this product for sure! Plus it has the added bonus of smelling really nice and being made of natural ingredients. 

Image Credit: Rachelle Clousing

Mary Kay Nourishing Oil 

Using oil as a moisturizer is something I have never done before, but it was something that worked surprisingly well! I only used a small portion and put it on my hands and then my face as directed. It felt light and not greasy which surprised me. While it’s not something I would personally use every day, it works well for a little extra moisturizer, especially now that the colder weather is coming. 

Mary Kay Moisturizing Stick 

Okay, this product changed my life. I have combination skin and using the right moisturizer can be hard, but this moisturizing stick has been amazing. I use it in addition to my regular lotion and just add this to the sections of my face that need a little extra love. It is also the perfect size for traveling and can be used as a body moisturizer as well if needed. 

Image Credit: Rachelle Clousing

Mary Kay Exfoliating Powder

I didn’t use this product because of my skin type; I have combination skin, so most of my skin is dry and exfoliating my face only tends to make it worse. However, the bottle suggests mixing the powder with the nourishing oil in order to make it less harsh. If you like to exfoliate, that may be the trick for you! 

Overall, I really liked these products and will continue to use them. They help my skin look bright while also making me feel clean and moisturized. I also love that they are all made from natural ingredients. I definitely recommend them for anyone looking to switch up their skincare routine!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.