HC UK: Katia Davis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

This semester, HC Belmont has been paired up with HC UK as our new Sister Chapter! Read on to learn more about our the girls who make HC UK happen!

Name: Katia Davis

Year: Senior

Hometown: Salyersville, KY

Major/ Minor: Communications and Journalism double major

What are your interests and hobbies, and what are you involved in?

My hobbies and interests include watching YouTube videos, writing blogs or articles, and telling crazy stories about my life. I am currently an exam proctor for the Disability Resource Center at the University of Kentucky, alongside of being an intern for a local marketing company and one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus UK.

Why did you choose UK?

My main reason for choosing UK is because I received a scholarship that was too good to pass up. The scholarship was the only reason I was able to go to college here, but I am so happy I was able to have this opportunity.

If you could swap places with someone for a day (dead or alive) who would it be?

I would probably want to swap places with someone in the royal family. I think it would be great to experience the life of someone who has had a completely different upbringing than I have.

What is your favorite spot in Nashville?

I have only been to Nashville once, but I really enjoyed going to the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Fun fact about me:

I own over $700 worth of makeup.

What is your favorite thing about HC?

My favorite thing would have to be the opportunity to build relationships with other chapters. I know a lot of national organizations that do not have as close of a connection as we do with Her Campus.

How did you get involved with Her Campus UK?

I received an email about two and a half years ago asking for journalism majors who would be interested in writing for an online magazine.

Favorite Netflix show?

I love New Girl with Zoey Deschanel.

Favorite Book?

I loved reading “Beautiful Creatures” by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Spirit Animal?

I would like to think my spirit animal is a red panda; they are so lazy and adorable.

If you could have a song play every time you enter a room, what would it be?

At the moment I would like to hear “Sorry Not Sorry” by Demi Lovato. I love her and I love that song.

Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world?

I would go to Spain. It seems like such a beautiful country that is full of history. I want to be able to explore and learn more about the culture. I hope that one day I will go.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.