This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Park and Rec, an American treasure that has brought us the likes of girl boss Leslie Knope, lovable Andy Dwyer, and – of course- the best holiday ever! February has finally hit, and that means Galentine’s Day is coming up quick. Here are our tips to make the most of this special day with your gals.

1. Dress Up

No boy? No problem!  You don’t need to limit that LBD to date night. Get the squad together and get decked out for a night on the town.

2. Treat Yo Self

One of the best lessons the show taught us. Put on your fluffy robe and enjoy a spa night. Nothing boosts your confidence like a good mani/pedi and a face mask. Bonus if your girls join in the fun.

3. Write Bestie Love Letters

Galentine’s is all about showing your ladies some love, so why not take the time to write them about how much they mean to you? Whether it’s a short and sweet thank you note or a heartfelt letter, it’s the best way to make sure you spread the love.

4. Chocolate

Do I really need to explain this one?

5. Decorate Cookies

We aren’t counting calories, so why not indulge in a few extra sweets while letting out your creative side? Pinterest is loaded with fun, simple Galentine’s ideas. Even if you aren’t a regular Martha Stewart, you and your girls are bound to have a fun night with some cute, instaworthy pics.

6. Netflix & Chill

The ultimate expression of love, a night bingeing with your BFF’s is the perfect way to spend the holiday. Whether it’s a classic rom-com or even the holiday-inspiring episode of Parks and Rec, you and your girls are bound to have a fantastic night in.

Happy G-day from the HC Belmont Team! Now get the squad together and plan for a night you’ll never forget.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.