This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Breakfast

Yogurt Parfait

What You’ll Need: Tub of Yogurt (Any flavor)

Granola

Fruit of Choice

How to Make: This one is pretty self-explanatory. I have small, reusable, hard plastic cups that are great for taking it on the go. I recommend getting precut fruit if you do not live in an apartment. Walmart and Target have great options for cheap. This recipe is a great option if you have an early class. Make several of them at once and them grab them as you head out the door for class!

Time: 0 Minutes

Scrambled Eggs

What You’ll Need: Eggs

Toppings/Seasonings of Choice

How to Make: Crack your desired amount of eggs into a microwave safe bowl and mix together. Microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. If you like your eggs a little runny the cook time will decrease. Add on your desired topping or seasoning. This is where you can personalize it to your taste. Add salt and pepper for a classic breakfast or spice it up with Tabasco sauce!

Time: 2 Minutes

Mug Muffin

What You’ll Need: Duncan Hines Mug Mix of Choice (In the baking aisle of your grocery store)

How to Make: You can fine these at most stores. If you want a sweet treat in the morning without all of the ingredients these are for you! Duncan Hines has a new line of mug mixes ranging from muffins to cakes. You just need a mug, mix, and water!

Time: Between 1 minute 10 seconds – 1 minute 50 seconds depending on your flavor and microwave.

Lunch

Flatbread Pizza

What You’ll Need: Flatbread/Naan       

Pasta/Tomato Sauce

String Cheese

How to Make: Spread a thin layer of sauce on one half of a flatbread. Pull apart string cheese covering the flatbread and sauce. Microwave for 1 minute 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.

Time: 1 minute 45 seconds

Quesadillas

What You’ll Need: Soft Street Taco Tortillas

String Cheese or Shredded Cheese

Add-ins of choice (I.e. Chicken, Steak, etc.)

How to Make: Cover one tortilla in cheese. Add in any additional desired ingredients. Place second tortilla on top. Microwave for 2 – 2 ½ minutes or until melted.

Time: 2 ½ minutes

Bagel Sandwiches (Courtesy of Rachna Shah, Dartmouth College)

What You’ll Need: Bagels

Add-ins and toppings available

How to Make: Take a bagel plain or toasted and add whatever is available to you. This recipe is great to use up leftovers from your fridge. Cream cheese, tomatoes, chicken, avocado are good bases to start with. If you need a healthier alternative you can definitely switch up the type of bagel and what you put on it!

Time: Varies, typically 2-3 minutes

Dinner

Stir Fry

What You’ll Need: Ramen Noodles

Vegetables of choice

Precooked Chicken, Steak, or tofu

How to Make: Cook ramen noodles following the instructions on packaging. Stir in vegetables and meat. Microwave for 20 more seconds to soften vegetables and flavor.

Time: 3 minutes

Chicken and Cheese Sandwich

What You’ll Need: Flatbread/Naan

Shredded Chicken

String cheese

How to Make: Put shredded chicken, cheese, and any other desired toppings on one half of flatbread. Put other half on top and microwave for 2 minutes.

Time: 2 minutes

Desserts

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

What You’ll Need: Pretzels

Chocolate (White, Milk, or Dark)

How to Make: Unwrap chocolate and melt in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and add in pretzels cover completely and put on plate. Let harden for 10 minutes. Enjoy! *Note: uses apples or berries in place of pretzels if desired.

Time: 12 minutes

Nutella Oats

What You’ll Need: Plain Oats

Nutella

How to Make: Simply stir together nutella and oats then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to help the ingredients adhere to one another better. After the mix is cooled to a moldable form roll it into balls and store in the fridge or freezer. You can add more flavor by adding nuts, peanut butter, or agave nectar!

Time: 45 minutes

Chocolate Mug Cake

What You’ll Need: Egg

Nesquik

Water

How to Make: Mix together egg, water, and nesquik until creamy cake batter consistency. Microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds or until cooked through.

Time: 5 minutes

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram  

Ashley Harris

Belmont '20

Ashley Harris is currently a Junior at Belmont Univerity, hailing from Hampton Roads, Virginia. She is majoring in Publishing with a minor in English Writing. She hopes to end up working at a publishing house in NYC, publishing books for children and young adults. She has an affinity for the Christmas/Holiday season, punk rock music, and cool tattoos. You can find her in the nearest bookstore or petting the nearest dog. She also has an ESA resuce cat named Luna!