Fashion Weeks Biggest Trends: Get the Look for Less

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

The curtain has officially closed on Fashion Weeks around the world, and the media’s buzz over the hottest new trends is bigger than ever. However, new and unique trends, can often come hand-in-hand with a major intimidation factor, especially when presented by big name designers. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Read on to discover some of the most popular trends from Fashion Week and where to find them for less!

Pink

Color is back and better than ever. As seen on the runway everywhere from JW Anderson to Chanel. This season, ditch your dark clothes and instead reach for a staple piece in an eye catching shade of pink. Our fave pinks at the moment which don’t break the budget are a simple and comfy pair of culottes from Urban Outfitters or a funky matching skirt set from Topshop.

Tartan

This year, tartan is back and bigger than ever. This year the “it” item seen both on the streets and on the runway was without a doubt tartan. Our favorite ways to wear tartan are in classic trousers or a chic blazer. Look no further than Zara for some perfect patterned pieces.

Sheer

See-through, skin-baring clothes was another trend spotted all across the runways this year. Luckily, this trend is super easy to get your hands on and can be toned up or down to fit your day’s schedule. Going out at night? Try one of these sheer tops from Brandy Melville. Going to class? Simple. Layer a tank or tee underneath.

Vinyl

Bored with denim? Try vinyl. As seen from brands Saint Laurent and Chloe, vinyl is super easy to wear and style. Look to Topshop or Urban Outfitters for tons of vinyl options like these!

Sequins

With one look at the Gucci Spring/Summer 2018 collection it’s clear that sequins are back. Wear sequins this season for a fun, colorful and 80s inspired look. It’s the perfect fix to spice up a going out look or to add some glam to your day to day wardrobe. Complete your outfit with a fun jacket from Topshop or wear a bold skirt from Zara to capture this trend for less.

Corset

One of the most intimidating trends this year, seen by designers and celebrities all over social media is the corset. Victorian era inspired and simple, the corset is a wardrobe staple this fall. This look can be crafted to however you feel most comfortable and confident wearing it. Pair a corset top over a plain white t-shirt for everyday wear, or wear it boldly with some simple bottoms for a chic look. Some of our favorite corset-inspired tops are from Zara.

Not sure where to find the season’s latest trends for less? Reaching for these pieces will have you looking Fashion Week-ready for school in no time!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Try any of these trends? Don’t forget to Instagram a picture and tag @HCBelmont !

I am a freshman journalism major at Belmont University, but was born and raised on the East Coast in Boston, MA. I am obsessed with all things fashion and beauty, my sorority Alpha Gamma Delta - Theta Tau, binge watching the show Friends, traveling to different places, listening to acoustic music, and drinking lattés from Nashville coffee shops. I also adore New York City and dream of working in the fashion industry there after college. Follow Hannah on Instagram @hannahbertolino