This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

On the 15th of November, the newest Harry Potter franchise film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald came out in theaters. The director was David Yates who had directed the previous film, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, as well as Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. J. K. Rowling wrote the script, and David Heyman, Steve Kloves, Lionel Wigram as well as J. K. Rowling herself, produced it. They also had Philippe Rousselot as cinematographer, and James Newton Howard as composer. If that name seems familiar to you, it’s because James Newton Howard also composed the official soundtrack for the Hunger Games film series as well.

Eddie Redmayne came back to his role as Newt Scamander along with Ezra Miller as Credence Barebone, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski the M uggle, Katherine Waterston as Tina Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie, and Johnny Depp as Grindelwald. They also had Jude Law playing a younger version of Dumbledore. We even get to finally see the Leta Lestrange that Newt had a picture of in his suitcase, who is played by Zoë Kravitz.

I don’t want to give anything away and spoil the film, but you definitely need to go see it when you can. There’s surprises, history, magic, and definitely a lot of adventure. You see old characters and meet new ones. There are new animals as well as our old favorites.  It is a movie that puts you on a magical journey that you don’t want to miss. You can even see it in 3D if that’s what you would prefer. I know I enjoyed it. Go out and bring your friends along and make some memories! 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

I'm a Senior Motion Pictures Major Video Production Minor from Belmont University. I'm also the President of SPEW at BU (The Harry Potter Alliance), the Initiation Committee for Omicron Delta Kappa, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, and a member of Board Game Society. I'm also a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I love to read, paint, and dance. I'm creative, determined, and excited!!!