Fall Activities While We’re Waiting for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am really ready for fall to be here like last week. Fall is my favorite season, and I can’t wait to be able to wear my scarves, sweaters, and booties. Since the weather isn’t really cooperating, here are some activities you can do to feel like fall has arrived.

1. Go to a pumpkin patch

Image credit: PublicDomainPictures from Pixabay

There’s nothing quite like a field of pumpkins to get you in the fall mood. Take a few friends and go search for the perfect pumpkin! Whether big or small, you’ll be sure to find one that will put you in the autumn mood. If you’re really feeling it, you can carve it with your friends too! You can also bake the seeds for a good snack for later. 

2. Watch a spooky movie

Image credit: GIPHY

I’m not one for horror films, but Halloween movies will definitely get you in the fall mood. Put on Halloweentown or Hocus Pocus with some friends to get you in a spooky mood. 

3. Go to a family farm

Family farms are one of my favorite things about fall. They have everything: baked goods, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, animals you can feed and sometimes even more! These are a good daytime excursion with roommates or friends and is sure to provide memories that you’ll never forget. 

4. Bake something yummy

Image Credit: Dustytoes on Pixabay

Some of my favorite memories from the fall time involve me baking with my mom or my grandma. Whether you make something fall flavored or just one of your favorite dishes, you can’t go wrong. My favorites to make are my grandma’s Dutch apple pie and pumpkin bread. 

5. Host a “family meal” with your friends

One major aspect of fall is gratitude and of course the beginning of the holiday season. What better way to kick it off than to eat a meal with your pals? Whether you hit up the caf or host a potluck at your apartment, eating dinner with your friends is sure to create some great memories. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.