This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

As a ginger, my hair is one of my top priorities. I don’t let just anyone take care of it. Even when I moved to Nashville, I made an effort to travel back home to see my usual, trusted stylist. It could be a bit of a hassle, especially considering the fact that you had to book your appointment almost a month in advance, but it was worth it. So every so often I’d drive three hours away and get my hair cut, and the routine worked– until my boyfriend (accidently) burnt my bangs! it wasn’t pretty.

And, of course, he apologized a thousand times, but that didn’t fix the fact that my bangs were singed. There was no way to hide it either. I have full, straight bangs, but the texture of my hair is so slick that headbands are practically useless. So, in an act of desperation, I attempted to cut my own hair. Worst. Idea. Ever. Even in the moment, I wasn’t sure if my hair was better or worse before I took kitchen shears to it. Either way, something had to be done–and fast! Going home was not an option, so I took to trusty google to help me find a quality salon that could get me in ASAP. Enter Euphoria…

I’ll admit, when I first pulled in, I was a bit dubious. The salon was itty-bitty, and the parking lot somehow managed to be even smaller. It actually took me three tries to even enter. Nonetheless, I couldn’t judge it by its size, so once I (finally) managed to park, I headed on in. When I opened the door, I was instantly welcomed with a warm hello and, despite being 10 minutes early, was immediately seated at my station. My stylist, Megan, arrived in seconds and greeted me as if I were an old friend she hadn’t seen in years. After a brief exchange, we got to business. Most new stylists will simply ask you where you part and how much you want off. With Megan, though, we actually had a detailed conversation about the needs and behavior of my hair. Once we established what I wanted, we headed over for a wash.

Now you don’t expect a shampoo to be anything special, it’s pretty basic. What did stand out to me, though, was the exquisite scalp massage I received before the conditioner. Now it’s recommended that you massage your scalp daily to increase circulation for hair health and growth. Anyone who’s been to beauty school knows this, and yet Euphoria was the first location I’d ever even experienced it at. Even better, the massage was followed up with a conditioner that not only felt wonderful but smelled amazing. Personally, I’m very particular about the smell of the products I use, and this absolutely blew me away. 

Next came the boring part, or so you would think. Normally during a cut, I would sit and wait. Maybe I’d try my hand at small talk, but that could sometimes feel a bit forced. My conversation with Megan though, easy. By the end of my visit, I practically felt like we were good friends. When she walked me to the counter, I was shocked to learn that a full trim was only $45! Now, as a college student, spending $45 on anything isn’t easy, but for a quality salon cut, the price was an absolute steal.

My visit to Euphoria was exceptional, and it definitely won’t be my last. If you’re in the market for a new salon that delivers, this Euphoria is the place to go. The appointment was very easy to schedule, and it’s only about a ten-minute drive from campus. The staff was warm and inviting, and it made my time there especially relaxing. Most importantly though, I left feeling polished and confident, because I had received a superb service. Euphoria is definitely a place to check out, just be prepared for some difficult parking.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.