alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Eco-Friendly Products for the Busy Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Climate change is real and we have to start taking care of our home. One step you can take towards reducing your footprint is to use eco-friendly products! 

1. The Final Straw

This metal straw comes in a carrying case that you can easily put on your keys! I take it with me everywhere and it comes with a cleaning squeegee that also fits in the case. This product is convenient and easy to use, and I use it almost every day! 

2. Reusable plastic bags

These bags are easy to use and a great replacement for single use plastics. You can get them from Amazon or even Walmart and Target. They also come in different sizes as well! 

3. Reusable make up wipes 

There are so many companies who have created reusable, washable makeup wipes. So many makeup wipes are thrown away, and this is a great alternative!

4. Beeswax wraps

These food wraps are a great alternative to plastic wrap. They are pliable and can be placed over containers or wrapped around food to keep it fresh. 

5. LastSwab

This is an eco-friendly alternative for cotton swabs! They have ones that are specifically for makeup and ones for other uses. They also come in a carrying case and are easy to take with you wherever you go! 

Other tips for an eco-friendly or no waste lifestyle include using reusable water bottles and buying in bulk, as well as finishing all your non eco-friendly products before buying eco-friendly ones. Other products you may be interested in include shampoo bars, toothpaste tablets, and natural deodorants.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Rachelle is a junior at Belmont University. She is studying music therapy and has a minor in psychology and hopes to work in hospice someday. Along with writing, she enjoys reading, learning new musical instruments, and spending time with friends.