This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Confidence is key, as we’ve all heard probably a million times. But how can you make small adjustments to help improve your confidence and mood? I’ve rounded up a few tips for you to try to give you that extra boost. 

Dress up

It’s like that saying goes, “dress for the job you want” but in this case, you’re dressing up a little to give yourself an extra boost. That being said, you don’t have to be dressy. Dress in what makes you feel more confident. It’s up to you if that’s a ballgown or a T-shirt. When you look good, you feel good.

Work on your posture

Good posture speaks to an air of confidence. You may not feel it but you look more confident when you are standing up straight and holding your head high. Don’t hunch your shoulders and look ahead. Tip: challenge yourself to keep your nose out of your phone when moving from class to class and focus on your posture.

Go for a walk or jog

Exercise releases endorphins, these feel-good chemicals can convince your brain to perk up. Even just a brisk 15-minute walk can make you feel like you’re on the top of your game.

Listen to some feel-good music

This one is self-explanatory. Study after study has spoken to the effect that music can have on someone’s mood. Make a playlist that makes you feel like you can take on the world. It’ll put a pep in your step.

Buy yourself something small

Buying yourself something you’ve been eyeing can really make you feel like you’ve got it together. It doesn’t have to be anything big or flashy but something simple like a new necklace or a new nail polish color can definitely make you want to show off your new trinket.

Hang out with friends

Being around people that care about you will solidify your sense of belonging. When you belong you’ll feel more connected and included in society. Your actions and feelings are supported (if they are good friends) which equals an instant confidence boost.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a senior at Belmont University in Nashville and a lifelong Tennessean. She is majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies with a minor in Business Administration. She loves binge watching dramas on Netflix, going to Predators games, and spending time with family and friends.