This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner, and even though you may be in college, and it may be on a Wednesday night, that doesn’t mean you can’t still dress up. This year I am volunteering at the Nashville Zoo for Halloween and I am going to be dressing up as a 50’s Pink Lady from Grease! I’m so excited for it, but finding a costume this year was honestly pretty hard. So, I am here to spare you that agony with these 9 creative Halloween costume ideas. If you don’t have a costume, keep reading!

1. A Frat Boy

Shoutout to my roommate for the inspiration on this one! Grab your best girlfriends, your favorite snapback, a long sleeve dress shirt (a polo works too!), and your red solo cup and you are good to go. Oh, don’t forget the boat shoes and tall socks. 

2. A La Croix 

I found a surprisingly high number of people dressing up as La Croix when I was on Pinterest this year. Whether you go in the tie-dye route or make yourself into the can, you really can not go wrong here!

3.  The Crocodile Hunter

Grab your bestie and dress up as Steve Irwin and a crocodile! This is a super fun and low budget costume that anyone can have fun with! 

4. Guy Fieri

If you are looking for something that is sure to win all the costume contests this year, look no further! Go as Guy Fieri! I’ve seen people make fake red cars out of cardboard and Flavortown signs too! Get creative!

5. Finding Nemo

I seriously want to so this one when I have kids because how cute is that baby! Ahh, I love this set of costumes so much!

6. Ferris Bueller

One of my favorite movies is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, so here of some examples of what you could do with that! I’m definitely saving this one for next year!

7. Raining Men

This is the perfect low budget costume idea that would be so cute and adorable! Just print off pictures of your favorite male celebs and put them on an umbrella! 

8. Three Whole Punch Jim

If you are a fan of The Office, you’ll be a fan of this costume. It’s literally so easy to recreate, and you will get people all around your city telling you how much they love it. Time to bust out your Office knowledge!

9. Your favorite snack!

Okay, you definitely do not have to go this hard but get creative! Go as a bucket of popcorn or a taco or an apple! 

Halloween is what you make of it, and I hope this inspired some of you out there who are looking for last-minute costumes. Using the stuff you already have in your closet is half the fun, but if you want to go out and buy something, more power to you! Happy Halloween everyone!!

Rachel Smith

Belmont '21

Hi everyone, my name is Rache!l I am a college blogger over at www.carouselofrachel.wordpress.com and I am passionate about Jesus, iced coffee and digital media. I attend Belmont University in Nashville, TN studying Entertainment Industry Studies + Hospitality Management! I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority and the Vice President of Membership for Women in Entertainment. I love traveling, pro wrestling, reading, and history,