This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

I quickly learned this year that Club Lila is a bit of a walk from the upperclassmen resident halls, so I needed to find some new spots to study. After a semester of trying out new hidden gems, these were my favorites:

1. The 4th Floor Balcony of JAAC

If the sun is shining and you are sick of being cooped up in your dorm or apartment, take a walk over to the Janet Ayers Academic Center and head on up to the fourth floor. You will find a beautiful balcony overlooking 15th Avenue with downtown Nashville in the distance.

2. The 3rd or 4th Floor of the Johnson Center

Most music business majors already know the beauty of the Johnson Center, but for those who have not been over to that territory, it is worth grabbing your book bag and taking a study trip. Both floors have nice quiet spaces outside the classrooms for studying or meeting up with groups for projects. Another plus is that the Johnson Center is open late at night as well.

3. The New Gabhart Student Center

I almost did not want to include this one, because most people do not know it exists and I selfishly want it all to myself, but I’ll be a nice human and tell y’all anyways. To the right of the bookstore there is a brand new student center that is PERFECT for studying or meeting up with groups for projects. There is a spacious lobby with couches, coffee tables, and high-top tables and chairs. There is also a room full of cubicles when you need to study hard core for finals, plus there are separate conference rooms to meet up with groups! It’s glorious. You’re welcome.

4. Your Resident Hall’s Laundry Room

Honestly, I never thought I could be productive doing homework at a table in the laundry room of my residence hall, but it actually was AMAZING. For some reason the soft background noise of the tumbling dryers and spinning washing machines helped me zone out any distractions, and it really helped me focus when I needed to study! It’s a worth a try, if you haven’t before.

5. The Caf

The cafeteria is the perfect place to study, but I would only recommend going on the weekends when no one is on campus and barely anybody is at the caf anyways. The reason I love to study at the caf so much is because I never have to worry about being hungry and wanting a snack!! Endless food!! Do I need to say anything else?

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

I am a freshman music business major, like the majority of Belmont, from the Chicago land area. Like most people, I fell in love with Nashville's music, coffee shops, and obviously all the wall murals. I am a firm believer that one day I will marry Jim Halpert, but until that day, I will wait patiently and keep re-watching The Office. I believe that in an another life time, Amy Poehler and I would be the best of friends. I would hold out hope for this life time, but I am just waiting for her to respond to my emails. Life is good--remember that.