American Horror Story: the good, the bad, and the ugly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

If you’re a fan of American Horror Story like I am, this season is definitely one to watch. Based on the election cycle of last year it started out as simply showing the aftermath that came from how people felt about the election, and was honestly kind of predictable, but in the past few weeks it has thrown viewers for whirlwind after whirlwind. Here is a top five list of some of the craziest things that have happened. Just a warning: SPOILERS AHEAD!!

1. Kai is orchestrating the deaths 

Alright, alright, this was kind of easy to see coming, but man, it was the way they did it I didn’t see coming. I mean starting a cult of a bunch of angry people from almost every side of the political spectrum was a little unexpected after we saw him as such a strong Trump believer. He’s bringing every side together as one, I just don’t know if it’s for the best. 

2. The murder-suicide of Kai and Winter’s parents

No one can tell me they saw that coming. And the reveal within this reveal is that Ally’s psychologist is their brother, I was honestly baffled. Not only that, but their decision to preserve the bodies rather than report them to the police, where do they even come up with these plot points?

3. Ivy breaks off the relationship

I mean we all knew Ally was insane, but for her wife to drive her even more crazy, I can’t tell who has the bigger issues. I mean I don’t know if it’s just me, but I would definitely want to know if my wife was in the cult that was literally driving me to the point of insanity. 

4. Meadow loves Kai

Meadow was always a pretty shallow character to me. She didn’t seem to actually care much about anyone or anything, except maybe the Housewives. But when it’s revealed that she loves Kai I was thrown into a whirlwind. Not only did she love him, but she loved him enough to shoot him and kill herself — how Romeo and Juliet of them. 

5. Valerie Solanas is the Zodiac Killer

I mean c’mon. AHS literally just spawned a huge conspiracy theory that is literally all over Google right now. I even looked up whether or not this theory could be a possibility. And the end of the episode when we find out Kai is behind all of this too. Kai has all the power and I really don’t know how to feel about that. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Gabby joined Belmont as part of the class of 2021 after living in Louisville, Kentucky for 18 years. She is a chapter contributor and hopes to rise in the ranks someday soon. She is studying journalism, but also has interests in politics and law. If she isn't studying you can catch her reading, writing for Her Campus, working out, or eating some good local food.