This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

1) Riverdale

This show puts a dark spin of the classic Archie Comics. Get ready for teenage angst as Archie, played by K.J. Apa, and his friends solve a murder, fall in love, and face major growing pains.

Airs: January 26, The CW

2) The Handmaid’s Tale

The classic 1980’s dystopian novel is coming to the small screen this April thanks to a new Hulu adaptation. With a relevant topic of women’s rights and an all-star cast that includes Orange Is the New Black’s Samira Wiley and Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss.

Airs: April 26, Hulu

3) Girls

If you haven’t seen this show, you need to. This show focuses on Hannah (Lena Dunham) and her 3 friends as they navigate their twenties in present-day NYC. A must-watch for all college girls struggling to find their place.

Airs: February 12, HBO

4) American God’s

Calling all Game of Thrones and Walking Dead fans! This is an exciting and highly anticipated show that adapts author Neil Gaiman’s book of the same name. If you ever wanted to know what the world would be like with Norse God’s living among normal Americans? This is one show you have to watch.

Airs: TBD, Starz

5) The Walking Dead

It’s baaccckkk! The walkers are on the move and Rick and his crew are gearing up for a fight. Make sure you tune  into the second-half of season 7 to watch the survivors as the lines between savagery and humanity become  blurred. Negan and Lucille won’t go quietly…

Airs: February 12, AMC

6) The Magician’s

Yet another phenomenal book-to-screen adaptation. Lev Grossman is the mastermind behind the out-of-this-  world book series that is described by many as Harry Potter for adults. While I always think the book is better, this  adaptation is still just as sexy and dangerous.

Airs: January 25, Syfy

7) Switched at Birth

The final season is full of the powerful, heart-wrenching moments we have come to expect on the Freeform drama. But don’t get too caught up in the emotions. Underneath are important messages about some of modern society’s most controversial topics; Cultural appropriation, mental health, suicide, and sexual assault (and it’s aftermath) are all covered in season 5.

Airs: January 31, Freeform

8) Pretty Little Liars

It’s time for the endgame. As one of Freeform most watched and beloved series comes to an end, questions still  remain. Who is A? Will the girls ever be safe? Who will make it out alive?

Airs: April 18, Freeform

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Ashley Harris

Belmont '20

Ashley Harris is currently a Junior at Belmont Univerity, hailing from Hampton Roads, Virginia. She is majoring in Publishing with a minor in English Writing. She hopes to end up working at a publishing house in NYC, publishing books for children and young adults. She has an affinity for the Christmas/Holiday season, punk rock music, and cool tattoos. You can find her in the nearest bookstore or petting the nearest dog. She also has an ESA resuce cat named Luna!