This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

One of the benefits of moving away for college is finding new, unique places to expand your wardrobe. Luckily, Nashville has lots of cute and trendy clothing stores in proximity to Belmont. Here’s Her Campus Belmont’s list of five clothing stores within walking distance to fulfill your shopping addiction.

1. Dress Up

Dress Up is located at the corner of 21st Ave. South and Wedgewood Avenue. Every week, the boutique brings in new arrivals and frequently has sales. Her Campus Belmont even hosts events at this location where students receive a discount if you come to the event. Dress Up first opened in Dahlonega, GA and expanded to numerous locations scattered throughout the South since.

2. The Impeccable Pig

A few doors down from Dress Up is The Impeccable Pig. Her Campus Belmont also hosts events at The Impeccable Pig where Belmont students can get a discount on the merchandise if they come to the event. The Impeccable Pig is located at 1802 21st Ave. South and has about 20 locations in the United States.

3. Altar’d State

Across the street from The Impeccable Pig at 1803 21st Ave. South is Altar’d State. Altar’d State is a Christian-based retail chain headquartered in Maryville, Tennessee with over 80 locations sprinkled throughout the South and Midwest. Altar’d State sells clothes and accessories as well as gifts and decor and regularly has sales.

4. Local Honey

Local Honey, located on 2009 Belmont Blvd., is basically in Belmont’s backyard. There are two additional locations in East Nashville and 8th Avenue. Local Honey sells modern yet vintage inspired clothing and includes a top-notch hair salon in the store. Local Honey is full of cute, unique treasures and it’s the most convenient store to walk to on this list.

5. American Threads

American Threads is tucked away in Edgehill Village at 1200 Villa Place. American Threads opened in Atlanta, Georgia in 2010 and currently has 10 locations throughout the Southeast. American Threads sells clothes and accessories for the free-spirited and wild at heart. The store also owns a blog called Every Little Thread, where readers can gain inspiration for their wardrobes.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a student at Belmont University studying journalism and public relations. She is from Cincinnati, OH. Madeline enjoys writing, traveling, researching fashion trends, engaging in political discussions, and listening to music. After college, she hopes to write about fashion, travel, politics, and other current events.