Your Favorite Weekly Music Blog- Presented by Spotify

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

When I discover a new song, it feels a lot like Christmas. I personally thrive on the pursuit and discovery of new songs, artists, albums, genres, you name it. Because of this, I decided to compile a playlist of songs that you, yes you, probably don’t know, but DEFINITLY should know. If you already know one or two, or even all of these songs, congrats! You’re probably pretty cool and we should definitely talk music sometime. Here are ten of my favorite gems of the underground:

1. Could You Be Loved- RAC Remix- Bob Marley & The Wailers

I personally love modern remixes of classic reggae tracks. RAC does a fantastic job with this one, in my humble opinion.

2. Mobbin- Grandtheft featuring Hedspin

It’s no secret to everyone that knows me well that I LOVE trap music. This track by Grandtheft and Hedspin is perfect for cruising in your car to with the volume on full blast…and dancing to at night, of course.

3. Why Even Try (RAC Remix)- Theophilus London, Sara Quin

Can you guys tell that I love RAC? That guy makes the best remixes. Regardless, I dare all of you to listen to this song without involuntarily bopping along in a great mood.

4. Grammy- Purity Ring

This song by Purity ring is actually a cover of, believe it or not, Soulja Boy’s song “Grammy”. Needless to say, they blew his original version straight out of the water.

5. Never Wanna Know- MØ

This song is so euphoric sounding to me. MØ’s vocals, paired with a great tune, create a song you just can’t get sick of.

6. PreGame- Bombs and Bottles

Bombs and Bottles is a relatively new artist I just recently heard of. To me, he sounds like what I think Kaskade and The Weeknd would produce if they collaborated. It’s hard to listen to this song while resisting the urge to dance.

7. Head Band (Whiiite Remix)- B.o.B. feat. 2 Chainz

If you thought the original version of Head Band was infectiously good, just give Whiiite’s remix a listen. You won’t know what to do with yourself.

8. Dear Science- Seth Sentry

This is the type of song you listen to when you’re just chilling. Seth Sentry spits some seriously clever rhymes, while managing to create a song that flows nicely. Pair that with the really unique beat he has going on and you have an awesome song to lounge to. The accent also helps.

9. Million Dollar Gold Digger- doctordude

This is the first of many Lana Del Rey songs doctordude has remixed, and if you know me at all, you know I love Lana Del Rey almost more than life itself. In this song, he mashes up Gold Digger by Kanye West with Million Dollar Man by Lana Del Rey, and the end result is magical.

10. You & Me (Flume Remix)- Flume, Eliza Doolittle

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of you have heard this song, but I just couldn’t resist adding it to this playlist. The truly unique drop comes around 1:04, and it’ll likely make your jaw hit the floor.

Also, Flume’s pretty hot. And he’s Australian. Just saying.

I hope I showed all of you at least one new song you like! Keep reading my Spotify blogs, as there’s plenty of music to go around. To sign up for Spotify through me (if you haven’t already), please click here: http://spoti.fi/1fp8E1K

As always, the master HCBC playlist can be found here: HC BC Master Playlist

This week’s playlist can be found here: Songs You Don’t Know, But Should- Week 5

Happy listening!

Photo Credit:

http://images1.musicfeeds.com.au/10f513cd13f3226fba380d014647b5c0-576×720.jpg

http://spotifypresscom.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/spotify-logo-primary-horizontal-dark-background-rgb.jpg

English Major, Sociology Minor. SpotifyU Campus Influencer for Boston College.
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."