Yogurtland: A Fresh and Flavorful Face in Newton Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Looking for a fresh and flavorful dessert option to satisfy your sweet tooth, but also want to make a healthy choice?  You do not have to look any further because Yogurtland has just opened up in Newton Center.  Yogurtland may already be a delicious addiction for many of you, for they do have over 250 locations across the country.  But if you are unfamiliar with this delightful haven, you are soon to have a new craving that’s only 5 minutes away.

With 16 flavors, over 8 of them being non-fat, and a toppings bar with everything you could imagine topping your cup off with, Yogurtland is sure to be a hot spot for BC students and families in the area.  Whether you want fresh cut fruit, like strawberries and mango, or are in a candy mood and are feeling brownie bits and Captain Crunch, you will be happy with your healthy and budget-friendly choice. Their yogurt is made up of all natural ingredients, and trust me you can taste the quality in every spoonful!

If Yogurtland does not already intrigue you, here is something to grab every college students’ attention; from now until the end of 2013 (end of December) you receive 3 oz. free on every visit with a valid student ID.  Even if you are frequenting Yogurtland once a week or four times a day, you will always get those three ounces free! 

Another awesome feature of Yogurtland is their App for the iPhone and Android.  Similar to the coveted Starbucks Gold Card we are all striving for, you acquire points for every ounce that you buy, and you receive rewards as your points add up.  All you need to do is register a card to the App on your phone and you are ready to go!

A former BC Eagle, 2002 graduate of the Carroll School of Management Graduate School, opened the Yogurtland in Newton Center and he recognized what a great place Yogurtland would be for college students!  He is someone who loves to get close to the community, and it goes beyond just bringing a sophisticated frozen yogurt shop with quality yogurt and toppings to the community.  The store has only been opened a few weeks, and he is already hosting fundraising events for teams and schools in the local community.

Newton Center has just acquired a hot spot that people of all ages will be stopping in to get some frozen yogurt at. With plenty of seating, both indoors and outdoors, you can bring your family or your friends any time of day.  So many times, we as BC students are looking for somewhere to escape to that is away from campus.  Yogurtland now tops the list as the ideal sweet retreat!

Article Source: Thank you to Yogurtland Newton Center store owner Anthony for taking the time to meet with me and answer my questions.

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum