This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We all know and love this English fashion company’s warm and durable jackets, but who are the hard-working women behind the scenes? After speaking with one of the Barbour Ambassadors here at BC as well as seeing an interview with Elissa Millican, the head of marketing for North America, I have learned that there is more to Barbour than just its clothing.

One of the greatest aspects of Barbour, Elissa Millican says, is the company’s “rich wealth of history and heritage”, which makes being a part of this organization even more rewarding. For those who may not know, the founder of the company, John Barbour, had a vision for the type of quality garments he wished to make, and 123 years later, the company has still held true to those values and principles above all else.

Elissa, who is now highly successful as the head of marketing for North America, majored in Political Science and Cultural Geography. She was not expecting to end up working in marketing, but it had always been a “natural fit” for her and after many small successes and opportunities building up, she now knows she is in the right career. As a woman in the workplace, however, Elissa has experienced some obstacles. She advises that while nothing is ever guaranteed or fair, it is all about how you deal with overcoming these challenges that make you a strong and successful individual. Elissa never quit and worked hard to achieve her success, and is now able to travel the world doing a job she enjoys.

Wondering how you can get involved with Barbour? Luckily, the company has created an Ambassador program here at BC to continue the following of Barbour on campus. Lucy Alexander, one of the Ambassadors for BC, works closely with Barbour to market the brand to other college students. New applications for the Ambassador Program for Fall 2017/Spring 2018 are now being accepted and can be found on the career site!

Stay tuned for a chance to win this Barbour jacket on Instagram!

Photo Sources:

http://www.barbour.com/medias/Barbour-Brand-Logo-New-1000.png?context=bWFzdGVyOjo6aW1hZ2VzOjo6MTY5ODg6OjppbWFnZS9wbmc6OjppbWFnZXMvaDkxL2g1OC85MTQ5NDU0MTU1ODA2LnBuZzo6OjU4NzE0MTM0YTYyNDc1ZmIyZWVjODQ1MjY0M2NkZjA0NDU5YzMwNjcyZTRkZTI1Njc5OGYxYTcwNDc0Yjk0OTM

http://www.barbour.com/us/categories/womens/waterproof-jackets/barbour-waterproof-trevose-jacket/p/LWB0321RE53

Senior at Boston College majoring in Nursing. From Simsbury, CT
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.