Who Are Nico & Vinz?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

When Boston College’s Campus Activities Board recently announced that Nico & Vinz would be headlining this year’s Stokes Set on September 23, many students were left wondering, “who are they?” In an attempt to answer this question, here is brief overview of the duo. 

Nico & Vinz are two musicians from Oslo, Norway, who came together in 2010 under the name Envy, and later renamed themselves as Nico & Vinz in 2012. They are primarily known for their song, “Am I Wrong,” which peaked at number four on the Billboard Top 100 in June 2014. Their music is considered a blend of many genres including Pop, Reggae, Soul, as well as containing African music influences.  

Besides the song, “Am I Wrong”, their songs are largely unknown. However, after listening to some of their music I realized that their songs are actually quite good! Their new songs “Intrigued” and “That’s How You Know” were released earlier this year. Both songs are catchy and enjoyable to listen to. You may also recognize their song, “When the Day Comes,” as it was featured in Fifa ’15.

I strongly encourage you to explore their music because their songs are truly hidden gems. Hopefully that by doing so, you gain enough knowledge to have even more fun at their concert on September 23. 

Hi, I'm Fallon! I'm a senior at Boston College and this year's BC campus correspondent. I am a communications major and marketing minor and I am originally from St. Paul, Minnesota. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, catching up on Netflix, and exploring Boston!
Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!