This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This weekend, I traveled to a small town called Terni. Terni is the birthplace of St. Valentine, so every year for Valentine’s Day, the town puts on a chocolate festival to celebrate! It was a really cute little town, and the festival was a lot of fun. I had a bunch of chocolate, and I also got macaroons and other delicious treats.

It takes about an hour by train to get to Terni from Rome, and it was really cool to see parts of the Italian countryside. I’m really glad I went, and I definitely enjoyed spending the afternoon in Terni, but I wouldn’t want to spend any more time there. It doesn’t really seem like there’s much to do other than the festival, and it’s pretty isolated from most of Italy’s major sights.

The rest of my weekend was very relaxed. My roommates and I spent Saturday wandering the outdoor markets at Campo dei Fiore and Piazza Navona, both of which are about 15 minutes away from my apartment. We sat and people-watched for a while, and since it was Carnivale, there were lots of kids dressed in costumes and performers on the street.

I got a couple letters from home today, which was really great. I’ve been told packages are in the works, but those take a bit longer to process at Customs, so hopefully they’ll be here soon!

This weekend, I’m heading to Paris with my roommates, and we’re meeting up with another friend who goes to BC and is abroad in Spain this semester. I printed my ticket this morning, and I’ll pack Thursday night to head out on Friday afternoon! We booked an apartment through airbnb, which is a website that allows people to sublet their homes and apartments for various stretches of times. We’re planning on seeing Versailles and climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower, among other things, so be on the lookout for next week’s post!

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.