Welcome Back, BC!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Dear BC Collegiettes™,

Summer has been great, but let’s be real… we have all been dying to get back to campus.  What’s better than living with your best friends, going to football games, and spending hours eating breakfast gushing about nothing… right?

The HC BC girls have been busy all summer long planning some awesome events for this coming school year, and we must say, we’re pretty excited about it!  So what can you expect from HC BC this year?

• The First Annual HC BC Date Auction!  This one-of-a-kind event, full of personality, will be held at Roggie’s on October 6 and is raising money for CEO4Teens (don’t know about this awesome non-profit?  Check out this past article)!  Tickets will be on sale later in September, so keep your eyes out!  Our goal is to raise enough money to pay for a scholarship for a teen in Indonesia in ONE NIGHT!  Let’s do it!
  • College Day at Fenway on September 10… that’s this Saturday!  Come hang out with not only HC BC, but other Boston-area Her Campus branches and a ton of other college students!  Get free gear while you’re at it!
  • Fashion and beauty events.  That’s right, we know you love all things fashion-related, so HC BC will be bringing some fabulous Boston fashionistas to your dorm-step with some fabulous events!
  • Tons of fun articles, updated everyday!  

HC BC is nothing without our readers, so please, let us know what you want to see on HC BC!  Tweet at us or comment on our Facebook posts!  We love your feedback, and need it to be the best branch we can be.  

Be sure to follow us on Twitter for all HC BC updates and like us on Facebook!  

Finally, if you’re interested in joining our team, check out the general team application!  We will be accepting a few new writers and photographers.  Or if you want to get involved with our publicity team, you can apply here!  Want to learn more about the team before applying?  There will be an info session on Wednesday, September 14 at 9:00pm in 90 room 609.

With HC BC love,

Your Co-Presidents, Katie Moran and Julianne Wojno

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.
Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.