Valentine’s Day with the Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

As Valentine’s Day quickly approaches, too many people are seen cowering away from the lovey-dovey sentiments of the season.  Not to worry though!  There are still plenty of ways to treat yourself and have fun on this day of love even if you’re single.  So whether you have a significant other or not, here are some fun ways to spend time with the people you love!

Treat yourself to you-time! Whether you’re planning a spa day, a shopping trip into the city, or just a quiet day of relaxation, you should dedicate some time during this day to yourself. Everyone thinks that Valentine’s Day means that you have to be glued to another person, but take this time to remember just how great you are, and reward yourself for all your hard work.

Spend a night on the town with friends!  Go ahead and get dressed up and go out to eat at a nice restaurant, the type of place you’ve been waiting for someone else to take you to.  This is the perfect time for you and a group of your favorite people to go into the city and have a blast!

After dinner, hit the movies or a bar for a late night drink!  Nothing brings spirits up quite like quality time spent celebrating just how awesome you are! 

Whatever you decide to do on Valentine’s Day, you should do with a smile.  Don’t let being single bring you down!  Look nice, be happy, and dedicate the day to having fun!  And who knows, you might just end up catching someone’s eye…

Photo Sources:

http://pattygopez.buzznet.com/photos/singlegalguidetovday/?id=68057345

http://www.karmaseven.com/spa-…

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English. 
Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.