In this tumultuous time of the year that entails midterms, end of semester assignments, the impending holidays, and god knows what else, it seems like bad days are increasingly common for me and for those around me. Based off of my MANY recent experiences, here are what I’ve observed to be the stages of having a terrible day:
1. You wake up and automatically know the day is going to be awful:
2. So you try to get dressed and look presentable, but realize it’s pointless because nothing is going to change your outlook on the day:
3. Then you head to your first class in an awful mood:
4. All day, you REALLY try to be positive but that proves to be pointless:
5. At numerous points in the day, your friends tell you to cheer up, but that does absolutely nothing to make you feel better:
6. After you finish your long day of classes, you feel slightly relieved UNTIL you realize how much homework you have to do:
7. Just when you’re starting to get a grip on things, you begin thinking about why you’re in a bad mood in the first place and that makes you even more upset:
8. Eventually, you can’t control your emotions anymore and you have a total mental breakdown:
9. Finally, after a long and exhausting day, it’s time to go to sleep.
10. Before you fall asleep, you realize how awesome you are for surviving your terrible day!!!
Ultimately, we all have bad days sometimes. So, if you’re having one, hang in there! It will be over before you know it.
Image 5: http://i.imgur.com/VVWeoCx.gif