A Tale of Twenty Strangers: Kissing Video Goes Viral

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The “First Kiss” video went viral this week, and it was nearly impossible not to see it if you participate in any kind of social media.  This video does not fall short in evoking powerful emotions—the whole idea of strangers being put together to experience a first kiss is inherently romantic.

The beginning of the video shows each “couple” awkwardly preparing to kiss; their movements, mannerisms and speech are all strangely familiar, in such a way that the viewer begins to feel undeniably connected to the people on screen. The video’s portrayal of these strangers is so deeply human that you can’t look away.

Although each of the people featured in the video are models, actors or musicians, they can certainly conjure what looks to be authentic human connections being made. No matter if these people create these moments for a living, this video unveils them and makes them their most vulnerable.

This kind of vulnerability and authenticity seems to be exactly what our modern, digitally powered world is missing. We have made our permanent home above a keyboard and behind a screen, and what this video does is bring people beyond that—and display true human emotion in the most relatable way.

At the end of the video, it is apparent that these people feel a much closer connection with one another after they have shared a kiss, most of them become physically closer to their opposite and continue physical contact in some way. This video illustrates the power of vulnerability in creating authentic connections in a way that is completely unique, and is thoroughly uplifting for us hopeless romantics. 

Photo Source:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/offbeat/the-strange-tale-of-strangers-kissin…

Article Source:

I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better. 
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum