Student Saves: Discounts with Your Student ID

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Your Eagle ID (formally known as the Eagle-One Card – who knew?).  It opens doors and pays for your Baja Chicken – but that’s not all.  Flash your student ID at any of these locations and experience one of the many perks of being a college student: discounts.

J. Crew

Often cited as the BC student’s favorite shopping destination, J. Crew offers a 15% discount on all regularly priced in-store purchases – so you can get your prep on for less!

Madewell

If you are a J. Crew fan, then you will love Madewell (J. Crew’s sister store) and their discount of 15%.

New England Aquarium

Spend a day under the sea (Little Mermaid shout out) at Boston’s very own aquarium – only $20.95 (from $23.00) with your student ID.

AMC Theatres

Take a break from classes and enjoy the latest blockbuster at a discounted price ($6.75!!!) all day on Thursdays with your student ID.  (The closest AMC Theatre is right down the street in Chestnut Hill – 27 Boylston Street).

The Museum of Fine Arts (MFA)

This one may not be the newest of news, but it is still a great deal and definitely worth mentioning.  Admission to the museum is FREE (yes, you read that correctly – FREE) with your student ID!

Apple

Each year, Apple helps out us struggling college kids by offering a back-to-school discount.  Keep your eyes peeled this summer for what Apple will offer for the 2013-2014 school year!

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Need something to wash down that burrito with?  Look no further, Chipotle offers a free (yup, free) drink with your purchase if you show your student ID.

Barnes & Noble

It is the start of a new semester – meaning we have all been reminded (again!) about how expensive books are.  Fear no more because Barnes & Noble invites you and your student ID to enjoy 40% off all top 100 books.

Photo Source:

http://www.bc.edu/offices/id/

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.