This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The Street is one of the best outdoor shopping areas in Chestnut Hill. It has everything a BC girl can ever imagine and more! If you need a girls day to pamper and beautify yourselves, you can go to MiniLuxe for a mani-pedi and wax, Skoah for a great facial! There is a Lululemon Athletica store for girls who love cute workout clothes (or loves the workout look without the actual workout). Also, if you live off-campus or have a kitchen in your dorm, you can buy your favorite grocery items at Star Market. In addition to shopping and amenities, The Street has many dining options including Davio’s, Shake Shack, Bernard’s, Del Frisco Grille, and much more. Currently, Ronsky’s, a cafe by James Beard award-winning chef Ron Suhanosky, is currently in the Pop-Up Shop next to Star Market! 

Here is a complete list of stores in The Street!

The Street has a lot of amazing discounts for BC students! With your BC ID, you have access to all discounts and free events below!

2016 Discounts at The Street:

• Showcase SuperLux: $5 off on all movie tickets Monday through Thursday
  • Shake Shack: Buy one burger, get one free every Monday
  • Ku De Ta: 10% off entire purchase every Tuesday
  • Juice Press: 10% off entire purchase
  • MiniLuxe: 10% off all waxing services
  • skoah: 10% off on all products and services
  • Treat Cupcake Bar: 10% off cupcakes and coffee
  • Polkadog Bakery: 10% off entire purchase
  • EYESPOT: 50% off single vision polycarbonate lenses

Limited Time Offers: Boston College Exclusive Offers: Parent’s Weekend (September 30 to October 2)

• INTERMIX: 15% off entire purchase
  • Pottery Barn: 15% off entire purchase
  • Calypso St. Barth: 10% off entire purchase
  • J.McLaughlin: 10% off entire purchase

In addition to all of these amazing perks and discounts, The Street is having a free yoga event with Yoga Works on October 19 from 6:30-9:30 pm. This is the perfect way for the Collegiate to destress on a Wednesday night in the midst of finals. This event is a large-scale yoga class “under the stars” with a live DJ, glow sticks, and swag. Catie Macken will be leading the class and Juice Press will provide water and other treats for participants! Who doesn’t love free yoga and free stuff?!

Click HERE if interested!

Yoga at The Street

The Street is located at 55 Boylston Street Chestnut Hill. Students can walk down Hammond Street (across from Mac), take the BC Shuttle, or the MBTA Green Line D Train to “Chestnut Hill.”

The Street is the perfect getaway from BC! From Thursday through Sunday, BC students can take the Chestnut Hill shuttle to The Street to indulge and get away from the BC Bubble. While the shuttle does not run Monday through Thursday, the Street is a very cheap Uber/Lyft ride away, especially if you go with a few friends and split the fare!

One weekend, I was lucky enough to escape the BC Bubble and go to The Street to take a break from my classes. The Boston Pops performed and I got to enjoy the show with some popcorn and yummy treats!

Be sure to check out The Street and follow them on Instagram @shopthestreet  where they notify their followers of free events!

Sources:

http://www.thestreetchestnuthill.com/pdfs/directorymap.pdf

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!        
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.