Step Into the SPOTLIGHT with BC Dance Ensemble

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The BCDE Officer Board

If you’re looking for a fun, engaging activity to start off your weekend nights this week, look no further than the Boston College Dance Ensemble’s upcoming show: SPOTLIGHT!

The Dance Ensemble is a student-run organization with a passion not only for the art of dance, but also for helping others. All proceeds from their biannual shows benefit our beloved Campus School, offering not only a place for the talented members to showcase their performance and choreographing prowess, but also a place to celebrate children with multiple disabilities and their progress. They showcase jazz, tap, ballet, and contemporary, providing a wide variety of styles for members and viewers.

If you’ve missed their amazing performances in the past, you can check out their YouTube channel, specifically some of these highlights from their Fall 2013 show, SPECTRUM.

Lay Me Down, chereographed by Sarah Pollard

Everybody Line Up, choreographed by Kaitlyn Burrola

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, choreographed by Brigitte Butler

So this Thursday (3/13), Friday (3/14), and Saturday (3/15) be sure to come to Robsham at 7:30pm and watch as BCDE illuminates the stage. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased on the Robsham website, via phone (617-552-4002) or at the box office. Questions can be directed to Michelle Prew at prewmi.deboard@bc.edu or the BCDE Facebook page.

Don’t let this opportunity pass you by…step into the SPOTLIGHT!

The 2013-2014 Boston College Dance Ensemble

Photo and Video Sources:

The Boston College Dance Ensemble and their affiliates. Material found on their Facebook and YouTube pages.

Meaghan Leahy is a 21-year-old native New Yorker and senior at Boston College, whose hips only sometimes lie. When she's not wishing she were as honest as Shakira, she can be found running, Band-ing, or public speaking; in addition to writing for HC BC, she is a member of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, Word of Mouth, and loves a good lap (or two, or five) around the Res. Meg is passionate about running and fitness, is a trained lifeguard, and works at the campus gym Equipment Desk. A highlight of her Boston College career thus far was being a TA for Intro to Feminisms. She has interned at both Anthropologie and the Supreme Court in Brooklyn, New York, so even though she is pursuing a Communication and English double major with a Women's and Gender studies minor, she is still trying to map it all out. She really, really hopes to graduate with a real job and everything. Please hire her, despite her severe Diet Coke addiction. Her redeeming skills and qualifications can be found on her LinkedIn account.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum