Statement Jewelry On a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

What girl doesn’t like getting jewelry for a great price, right? I definitely do, which is why I decided to let you in on a few jewelry secrets, as well as sharing my three favorite places to shop. Over the summer, I spent a lot of time browsing different jewelry websites and comparing inventories for my job. It was so frustrating to see that so many different stores have the same exact jewelry but all for different prices. The truth is, a lot of different stores have the same inventory and the same manufactures, and yet they get away with charging totally different prices. This is super frustrating when you are trying to find the perfect necklace or earrings to go with your outfit for the weekend without breaking your budget. Through doing a lot of probably unnecessary online shopping, I have found three perfect stores that will most definitely meet anyone’s jewelry needs. They all have unique, affordable, and good quality statement-making jewelry along with great customer service. Two large-scale and one local, and all three awesome online stores. Check them out and see what you think!

Swell Caroline is a great store for the preppy collegiette who also loves being on trend. They have lots of bows and lots of monograms with great prices. While some of their jewelry is a little on the expensive side, it truly reflects the quality of their pieces. I have ordered from here before and have always been impressed with the service and durability of their pieces. Whether you love anchors, bows, or monograms, Swell Caroline is the place for you. They have a huge array of statement necklaces that would be the perfect accessory for any outfit.

I’m sure that most of you have heard of Bauble Bar, but if not go and check it out right now! With new products introduced five days a week, you are always guaranteed to see something new and interesting. They also separate their jewelry into types, trends, and designers, which makes it super easy to find exactly what you are looking for. Bauble Bar also loves partnering with other designers for awesome collaborations, so make sure you are on the lookout for that! I would definitely recommend signing up for their email list as well since they are always sending out great deals and coupon codes.

Last but not least, my favorite local, online jewelry store, Just Love Me! Their stuff is seriously amazing and is all designed by the owner of the store, so you know that your pieces will be original. They are constantly updating the store and are super trendy and stylish. The pieces are of the best quality and everything ships that day or the next, and the shipping is free! I would also sign up for their email list because they send out great sneak-peeks of what will be coming soon to the store. Plus, their hair ties are the best and there is literally every color in the world, including sparkles and polka dots! Every time that I have worn a JLM piece, I’ve gotten tons of compliments on it, so try it! Check this place out if you want to support a local business and have really unique pieces that are guaranteed to last forever.

So the next time that you are looking for the perfect accessory to wear to dinner, a party, or just to class, check out these three stores and I promise, they won’t disappoint!

Sources:
www.swellcaroline.com
www.justloveme.com
www.baublebar.com

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.