The Stages of Class Registration, As Told by GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

You get the e-mail from your advisor, who you’ve spent probably 15 minutes with total, telling you that it’s time to swing by their office hours to talk about next semester classes.

You go on Agora to see what time your registration is, desperately hoping it’s on the first day at some ungodly morning hour,

And then are seriously disappointed when you find out that you have 4:00 on the last possible day.

You get texts from your group chat asking what time everyone’s registration is and you of course have one friend who got the PERFECT time. She is also oblivious that everyone else is slowly but surely losing hope of taking any of the classes they want.

You begin to consider all the options as to how you can improve your pick-time (and have terrible flashbacks to housing).

Finally, you come to terms with the fact that you’re stuck with this awful pick time, and begin to look at available courses

You pick out all of the ideal classes, plus several back-ups in the all too likely case that every class will be full

Finally, the day has come to register. You pull up UIS and are immediately confused by its prehistoric appearance.

You wait until the clock hits exactly 4:00 and begin entering your classes, only to find that every single one is closed.

After 20 minutes, you’ve filled every slot with classes that you have zero desire to take

But hey, there’s always the drop/add period

Photo Sources:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D9H5G2SiV4Y/T6176ZmxNsI/AAAAAAAAFEo/Fe0nWE1FMX…

I'm a sophomore majoring in Communications with a minor in History. My post-grad goal is to work at NBC, but don't ask me what I want to do or how I plan on getting there. If you're ever looking for me on campus I'm most likely in the chocolate bar, drinking an iced caramel latte and pretending to be doing my work.
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.