Spread the Word: Her Campus National’s Pre-Collegiette Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s hard to remember a time where we weren’t in college. Somehow the Common Application, the SATs and high school transcripts fell out of our memories the second we stepped on campus and hung our first Audrey Hepburn poster above our beds on move-in day. But there are so many girls out there just starting to think about what their dream school might be, and thousands more preparing to pack their bags at the end of the summer and begin the best four years of their lives. Whether its your little sister, a cousin or a family friend, here are the top four reasons to spread the word about the Her Campus National Pre-Collegiette Conference!

To Register: Click here

1.    Real Collegiettes Sharing Their Experiences

The daylong event features dozens of conferences to offer pre-collegiettes some insight on what college life is really like. Panels like “Acing Freshman Year: Study Tips to Adjust to College Academics”, “Going from Home-cooked Meals to Communal Bathrooms: How to Navigate Roommate & Dorm Living”, and “From College to Career: How to Land Internships in College” are run by current collegiettes discussing their experiences over the years and giving advice on what to pack, how to adjust and who to create relationships with. The Pre-Collegiette Conference gives a unique perspective on the college application process, and provides tangible advice from girls that have been in the future collegiette shoes. After all, Fiske’s Guide to Colleges can’t tell you how to cope with dorm “closets” or how to stand out in a 200-person lecture class!

2.   Awesome Advice from Keynote Speakers

Panels and workshops also feature real women who have their college years behind them as well. For example, the Conference’s Keynote speaker is Jessica Bashelor, who graduated from Northeastern University in 2010 and founded The Handle Bar—an indoor cycling studio in Boston. Other workshops feature Tufts University’s Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Justin Pike, College Admissions Consultant, Judith Levenfeld, and Harvard University Bureau of Study Counsel’s Robin Johnson Warrington.

3.   Swag Bags from Sweet Sponsors

The Her Campus Pre-Collegiette Conference is sponsored by Intel and Chipotle, so you know the goody bags will be stacked! Gift packages include treats from popchips, Chipotle, Neuro and Wrentham Premium Outlets, and there’s the opportunity to win raffle and door prizes like Jack Rogers sandals and an Intel device. Select attendees will also get the opportunity to take a spin class at The Handle Bar’s newest location with Jessica Bashelor herself! Chipotle is also catering the event, and who doesn’t love a good burrito?

4.   A Do’s and Don’t’s Fashion Show

If there was anything I wish I had going into college, it’s this: an instructional, interactive fashion show about how to transition your high school wardrobe for college life!

Her Campus has a huge dedication to serving collegiettes of all ages, even the ones who aren’t even on campus yet. Help make the Her Campus Pre-Collegiette Conference a success by spreading the word to prospective students, and even consider attending to support the BC girls who are speaking on a number of panels (including me!).

For more information, check out HStoHC on HerCampus.com.

Sources:

http://www.hercampus.com/high-school/register-now-her-campuss-national-pre-collegiette-conference

Photo Sources:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rSRJFW2TKLM/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABs/BSz-wuNQTc8/w800-h800/photo.jpg

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/entrepreneurs/hot-shots/2014/03/31/entrepreneurs-of-the-week-3-31.html

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum