She’s The First Bake Sale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This year, Her Campus BC is teaming up with the Brazilian Club at BC to bring you the annual third annual She’s the First Bake Sale. All proceeds from this event will be going directly to a great cause: She’s The First! So what is She’s the First? “She’s the First is a not-for-profit that sponsors girls’ education in the developing world, helping them be the first in their families to graduate” as their mission states. The organization also aims to “foster leadership and raise global awareness” as well as correspond with sponsored students. She’s the First was launched in 2009 and since then has helped fund 896 years of education for 382 scholars in 10 countries (Ethiopia, Nepal, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda)! 

Her Campus BC and the Brazilian Club at BC will be selling cupcakes— among other baked goods— from 11am-2pm on Thursday October 30th in the Mac Lobbby right outside the bookstore, so after you have your lunch in Eagle’s, come stop by and give to a girl’s education. Everything is by donation so whether you have $0.25 or $5 to spare, help out a great cause and help give a girl the opportunity to go to school when she doesn’t otherwise have the privledge we were awarded. We will only be accepting CASH DONATIONS.

For more information on She’s the First, check out their Facebook page.

For more information on the bake sale, check out the Event page.

Alana is currently a junior at Boston College studying Communications and marketing. She is the Publicity director and events coordinator for Her Campus BC as well as being a part of the editorial team. 
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.