Remembering Mike Racanelli

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

On Monday, November 14, 2011, the Boston College community lost an incredible person, junior Mike Racanelli.  He was an amazing friend and his presence will be missed terribly.  We ask that you please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. 

Though we are all in pain, we want to celebrate Mike’s life and remember the joy he brought to all of our own lives.  Please send in letters, memories, and prayers you would like to share- you can post them in the comments or email them to us to publish. 

Thank you for being such a great friend, Mike.  You will never be forgotten.

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.
Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.