Reality Television Shows to Watch this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We have so much to look forward to this summer—time with family and friends, warm weather, sunsets, hikes, laying out at the beach, pool parties, outdoor dinners and barbecues. Something I always get excited about is summer reality television shows. During the school year, we are so busy studying that we don’t have time to indulge as much in our favorite reality shows. After a long day of working or interning, us collegiette’s deserve a little down time. Here are some shows that are sure to give you your summer TV fix. 

Bachelor in Paradise

The spinoff series of ABC’s The Bachelor and The Bachelorette is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. The former contestants return for another chance at finding love. Ashley S. is rumored to be attending. She was so funny on The Bachelor and surely will provide us with a couple of laughs on Bachelor in Paradise. 

The Real Housewives of Orange County

Escape to sunny Southern California to watch the oldest Housewives series. I’m obsessed with Heather Dubrow. She doesn’t apologize for who she is and is extremely smart and put together all the time. She was contemplating not returning to the show, but apparently received a nice offer to stay on the series. It has been confirmed that not only are all of the housewives from last season returning, but TWO more women will be joining the cast. Apparently, both are married to professional athletes. The more the merrier in the picturesque O.C. Season 10 is sure to be as dramatic as ever. 

Million Dollar Listing New York

Get excited for your favorite luxury real estate fix. You might even learn a thing or two about negotiating from some of NYC’s top real estate agents. The competition among the brokers is at an all-time high. Watching the brokers list and find their clients the perfect pads is exhilarating. 

Rich Kids of Beverly Hills 

Season 3 will feature hour-long episodes and I couldn’t be more excited. The show’s popularity warranted this expansion from the previously thirty-minute episodes. The ridiculously extravagant lives of Dorothy Wang, Morgan Stewart and their friends are quite entertaining. 

Happy watching! 

Photo Sources: 
Emily is a junior Communications major at Boston College. She loves all things health & wellness and is very involved on campus. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, she is also involved in Women in Business and Student Admissions Program, and she is a Barbour Brand Ambassador. In her spare time, she can be found catching up on the news via the obscene number of publications she checks each day, sweating it out at SoulCycle, or enjoying a meal with friends.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.