Playlist of the Week: Kickin’ It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

There’s no doubt that brand loyalty in the form of footwear exists at BC.  If one was to even doubt it, they would only have to look down at their peers to discover the thousands of dollars the Boston College students (and their parents) must be handing over to the Hunter and Sperry companies. As fall always ushers in the changing of the leaves, so too does it usher in the transition from Rainbows to Uggs. 

However, brand loyalty exists in music as well- with the most emphasis on sneaker loyalty.  In music, your sneakers define who you are and, often, the famous fans of a certain kind will throw a shout out– or even a whole song– to their choice in footwear.  The guys from Run DMC had their Adidas shoes, Nelly had his Air Force 1’s, and The Pack had their Vans– and those are just a few rappers.  While I may personally like my Dunks and my Converse, I don’t discriminate when it comes to songs about sneakers.  Just please don’t make any shout outs to your Uggs.

“My Adidas” – Run DMC
“Pumped Up Kicks” – Foster the People
“Hi-Heel Sneakers” – Elvis
“Nike Airs Crisp Tees” – Rick Ross
“Sneakers” – Raekwon
“Four Kicks” – Kings of Leon
“Air Force Ones” – Nelly
“Brand New Kicks” – Chingy
“Lust for Kicks”- The Cars
“Vans” – The Pack

Photo Source:
http://bauergriffinonline.com/2009/03/index26.php

Wish you could’ve seen YOUR name in this article?  Join our listserv so our writers can occassionally contact you for quotes or interviews on upcoming articles!

Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.