Playlist of the Week: Day N’ Nite

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

There is absolutely no denying that music is full of contradictions. Need some sound examples? “Eight days a week/ I love you” vs. “Yesterday love was such an easy game to play” (The Beatles). “My loneliness is killing me” vs. “My loneliness ain’t killing me no more” (Britney Spears).  “Me give my heart to a woman?/ Not for nothin never happen” vs. his obvious marriage to (and now– baby with!) Beyonce (Jay-Z).  However, one could argue the biggest contradiction humans deal with is the one we face every twenty-four hours.  I mean, they didn’t create the phrase “different as day and night” for nothing (yes I am 80 years old for actually using that in normal conversation).  Luckily, there have been many great songs focused around this theme that cover both angles of the two opposites.  So whether you are an early bird or a night owl (shout out to all those who wake up around 12 pm), there’s bound to be something you can enjoy.   

DAY:
“Casimir Pulaski Dat” – Sufjan Stevens
“Good Day Sunshine” – The Beatles
“Golden Days” – The Damnwells
“Someday” – The Strokes
“Day Old Blues” – Kings of Leon
“Daydreamin'” – Lupe Fiasco

NIGHT:
“You Shook Me All Night Long” – ACDC
“Thieves In The Night” – Blackstar
“The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” – The Band
“Last Night” – The Strokes
“Up All Night” – Counting Crows
“Where Did You Sleep Last Night” – Nirvana

Photo Source:
http://thecitymix.com/2010/07/07/night-and-day/

Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.