Playlist of the Week: BC Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Despite all of the great things that arrive with spring – sunshine, long days, ice cream, appropriate skirt weather – another sad reality also sets in, that an end has come to yet another year at the Heights.  Whether we are just making it through freshman year on Newton (yes, you finally get to live on campus!) or are taking one last walk down Campanella Way in maroon and gold, the reality of growing up can be hard to handle.  But fear not Peter Pan, because, in my experience, being a member of the BC community is a state of mind.  By going to this school, you are part of an amazing group of people that won’t change if one is in Chestnut Hill or China.  So no matter where you find yourself next year, songs are the best way to bring back memories and here are some that remind me of the 2010-2011 year and the BC experience in general.  Hope they remind you as well and, until next year, have a great summer and don’t forget to turn up the volume!   

“Shipping Out to Boston” – Dropkick Murphys
“Don’t Stop Believing” – Journey
“Teenage Dream” – Katy Perry
“Walking On Broken Glass” – Annie Lennox
“Shots” – LMFAO
“Sweet Caroline” – Neil Diamond
“Black and Yellow”– Wiz Khalifa
“All the Above” – Maino ft. T-Pain

Kathryn Fox is a senior at Boston College, majoring in International Studies. Originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma, she loves Boston but struggles with the cold weather! Kathryn is involved in teaching ESL classes, interning in BC's museum, and volunteering. She loves to travel and spent her junior year studying abroad in Morocco and South Africa. In her free time, Kathryn enjoys reading Jane Austen novels, baking, and watching trashy TV with her roommates. After graduation, she is returning to Oklahoma to work for Teach for America.