Playlist of the Week: 90’s Throwback Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I was recently talking to a friend about all of our favorite music from our childhood– Backstreet Boys, Aaron Carter, and the rest of the usuals.  It was then that she relived to me some shocking information– while working at a camp over the summer, she played the Spice Girls for her younger campers and they had no idea who was singing (much less the common knowledge that Baby Spice was the best).   Not only did this make me feel extremely old but slightly upset.  Sure, today’s generation may have their Biebers and their Mileys, but who will ever duplicate the magic of (and unfortunately horrible lyrics of) B*Witched?  Will Britney Spears only ever be known now as the girl who dances till the world ends versus the girl who dances in a schoolgirl outfit?  I, for one, refuse to live in a world where children consider Pitbull a legitimate rapper but do not know Biggie.  So this playlist celebrates all the music that our generation was raised on.  Maybe share it with a younger sibling to ensure that the sounds of the 90’s never die.  Except for the Eminem– you might want to wait on that until they are a bit older.

“Two Princes” – Spin Doctors
“My Name Is” – Eminem
“Wannabe” – Spice Girls
“Breakfast At Tiffany’s” – Deep Blue Something
“As Long as You Love Me” – Backstreet Boys
“Summer Girls” – LFO
“How Bizarre” – OMC
“California Love” – Dr. Dre and 2Pac
“Waterfalls” – TLC

Photo Source:
http://spicegirls.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.