Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Easter Cupcakes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Easter in two days, you may be thinking of what you want to make for your special Easter dinner. Personally, I’m not nearly as good with cooking as I am with baking, so I decided to contribute to our Easter celebration by decorating cupcakes. Who doesn’t love a cute cupcake? This also doesn’t take too much time, so you can enjoy being home and spending time with your family rather than slaving away in the kitchen.

This week: Easter Cupcakes

Ingredients:

• Funfetti cupcake mix and ingredients listed on box
  • Shredded coconut
  • Food coloring (any color you want)
  • Vanilla frosting
  • Chocolate chips
  • 2 packs of stick gum (one pink and one that matches your food coloring)
  • Decoration icing (I used red)
  • Candy for the nose (Can really be anything you want)

How to Make The Bunnies:

1. Follow the instructions on the box of cake mix to make the cupcakes

2. While the cupcakes are cooling, pick what color you want your bunny to be. I chose blue.

3. Take a dollop of the vanilla frosting and mix it with at least 2 drops of food coloring in a bowl. You want the color of the frosting to match the color of your gum.

4. When the cupcakes have cooled, spread frosting on top.

5. Sprinkle the shredded coconut on top of the frosting to add texture.

6. Take two sticks of the non-pink gum and, using a knife, cut them into the shape of bunny ears.

7. Then with the pink gum, cut out small rectangles and attach them to the other gum with some frosting, wiping off excess.

8. Attach ears to cupcake by gently pushing the gum into the cupcake far enough so that it stays.

9. To make the eyes, I just used vanilla frosting and chocolate chips.

10. I used a red gummy and cut it into the shape of a triangle for the nose.

11. I then drew a mouth on the bunny with the red decoration icing.

12. There you have it, a bunny cupcake for Easter!

Final Product:

Time Spent in Kitchen: 30 minutes

Rating: 8.5

This is a great dessert idea for younger siblings or cousins to help out with. If you think it looks hard, it’s really not. Anyone can make this adorable cupcake. I will probably end up trying a few more cupcake decorations before Easter break is over. Check back next week to see what I try next!

Peace, Love & Pinterest

-Katherine

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."