Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Crack Cake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Though the name may lead you to believe otherwise, there’s nothing illegal about this cake, unless you’re under 21. This recipe mixes two of my favorite things: sugar and wine. What better way to kick off the week after my birthday than to make something that involves both baking and wine? I couldn’t think of anything better, so here is how it went.

This week: Crack Cake (courtesy of It’s The Little Things)

The Ingredients

For the cake:

• 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (or Betty Crocker is fine, too)
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup white wine (I used Yellowtail)

For the glaze:

• 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ¼ cup white wine

Turn to the next page to find out how to make your crack cake!

[pagebreak]

How to Make the Cake:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  1. Mix all of the “cake” ingredients together by hand or with a hand mixer.
  1. Grease a bundt pan.
  1. Pour into pan.
  1. Bake for one hour.

When the Cake Comes Out of the Oven…

1. Melt 1 stick butter into 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup wine

2. Pour over hot cake.

3. Cool.

4. Flip out of pan onto plate and serve.

Click through to see the final result!

[pagebreak]

Final Product

Time Spent in Kitchen: Around 15 minutes, not including the time it takes to bake the cake

Rating: 8

You’re definitely going to need a big glass of milk with this. It is extremely sweet, but it’s delicious. I think next time I make it, I’ll buy some fruit to put on top. It was pretty good, Nina even licked the plate after she finished!

Peace, Love, and Pinterest,

Katherine

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."