Pinterest Fun Fridays on Foster: Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies Filled with Caramel and Peanut Butter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

After last week’s cookies, I couldn’t resist trying another amazing cookie recipe. These cookies were delicious coming right out of the oven because the caramel and peanut butter were melted on top. I’ll have to make the cookies again soon for my roommates because they didn’t even get a chance to try them… that is how quickly the treats disappeared! 

This week: Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies Filled With Caramel and Peanut Butter (courtesy of Bakeaholic Mama)

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 12 caramels (I used Kraft caramels)
  • 12 teaspoons peanut butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. In a small saucepan, melt butter on medium/low heat until it becomes golden brown in color and smells nutty or toffee like. Remove from heat.

3. In a medium bowl, mix the sugars, egg and vanilla together. After that is combined, mix in your browned butter.

4. Mix in the oats, flour, salt and baking powder. Once your dough has come together, refrigerate for 20 minutes.

5. Once the dough has chilled a bit, remove it from the refrigerator and roll it into twelve equal sized balls. Place each cookie dough ball on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about two inches apart.

6. Push a caramel square into the center of each cookie dough ball. You can form the sides of the cookies a bit if you want to cover the caramel more.

7. Dollop a teaspoon of peanut butter on the top of each caramel.

8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden.

9. Allow the cookies to cool for about 15 minutes, then enjoy. Store in an airtight container and heat up in the microwave for about 10 seconds to enjoy them again!

Final Product

Total Time Spent in Kitchen: 20 minutes (not including fridge time)

Rating: 8.5

These cookies were gone before they even had the chance to cool down. They weren’t as filling as last week’s cookies, so I was able to go back for seconds… and thirds. If you try out these cookies, let me know how it turns out for you in the comments section below! 

Peace, Love & Pinterest,

Katherine

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."