Being that I had left over bananas and buttermilk from last week’s recipe, I decided to bake up another delicious banana dessert.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
Making the Muffins…
1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternating with the buttermilk.
2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin pans two-thirds full. For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. (I added chocolate chips instead of doing the crumble)
3. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for five minutes before removing from pans to placing on wire racks.
Time Spent in Kitchen: 30 minutes
Rating: 7 – It would be higher if they looked prettier!
The muffins tasted much better than they looked. The odd appearance might be because I decided to add chocolate chops into the mix rather than make a crumble to put on top. Check out next week’s article to see what Easter-inspired creation I whip up!
Peace, Love & Pinterest,