Nail Polish Review: Zoya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

When you think of nail polish, your go-to brands are probably Essie, OPI, or some fancy designer brand that will completely ruin your budget. It’s time to break from the norm and try a polish that has been in the background for far too long.

Zoya is a brand of nail polish that is perfect for any occasion. When you go on Zoya’s site, there are hundreds of different colors and types to choose from. It’s extremely easy to find a color and type you want. You can easily filter through cream, metallic, and even “pixie dust” finishes.

Zoya in Arabella, Darcy, and Hazel

The first time I tried out a Zoya polish, I found it to be a lot sheerer than I expected (although it still looked great with a second and third coat). When I decided to buy another color, I realized that they actually have a scale from sheer to opaque for each polish. I bought the color “LC” and it went on perfectly thick in one coat. And yes, the color is named after the one and only Lauren Conrad – each polish is a girl’s name.

With cute colors and finishes, along with a great site and affordable price, Zoya is a nail polish brand that has been vastly underrated for far too long.

Photo Sources:

http://www.zoya.com

Samantha Schroeder

Boston College student, but Wisconsinite at heart. Music aficionado, and lover of all things cats. BC '16, LSOE. Secondary Ed. and English major, Psychology minor. Along with being a writer and editor for HC BC, Samantha is a Drumline Section Leader in the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, involved in the BC Pep Band and the BC Symphonic Band, and is a member of the English Association.
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."