My Indie Christmas Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

‘Tis the season to listen to Christmas music! I know that studying for finals is a little less tedious when jamming out to your favorite holiday tunes. The classics will always be staples in my annual Christmas playlist but I love to change it up with some indie covers and original songs. Here I have compiled a list of some of my festive favorites!

O Come, O Come Emmanuel – Belle & Sebastian – This tune is one of the most underrated Christmas songs. I love the gentleness of this song.

Yule Shoot Your Eye Out – Fall Out Boy – So this song isn’t a cover, but it’s still awesome all the same. I remember listening to this song in middle/high school around Christmastime and it’s effortlessly catchy.

All I Want For Christmas Is You – Ellie Goulding – Ellie Goulding can do no wrong in my eyes. While I love blasting Mariah Carey’s original of this song, I love Ellie’s take on it too.

Carol Of The Bells – The Bird And The Bee – I love this haunting rendition of a holiday favorite.

Sleigh Ride – Fun. – Leave it to Fun. to make a old classic seem new! The background additions are perfect for this upbeat song.

The Little Drummer Boy – Pentatonix – I am OBSESSED with this. Obsessed. It’s been on repeat ever since Pentatonix uploaded it. The musicality of this group blows my mind.

Silent Night — Priscilla Ahn – Wow is all I can say after listening to this version of Silent Night. The vocal overlays and harmonies are beautifully done.

Wonderful Christmas Time – Moon Taxi – Here’s another one of my Christmas favorites being redone in a cool way. Ignore the awkward Christmas photos in the video, I’m not quite sure what that’s about.

Joy To The World – Sufjan Stevens – Sufjan Stevens is another artist that can do no wrong.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday filled with awesome music!

Photo Sources:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg….

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg….

I'm a girl from BC who likes to do things. That's all.
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."