Mr. Campus Freshman 2015 – Meet José!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The Basics
Name:  José Santamaría
Hometown:  Santiago de Compostela, Spain
School/Year:  Arts & Sciences 2015
Major:  Political Science

BC Life
Activities/clubs:  Intramural soccer, Student Admissions Program, Emerging Leader Program (ELP)
Best class:  Beginner Italian
Worst class:  Philosophy of the Person
Upper or Newton: Upper – Fenwick
Bapst or O’Neill:  Neither, but if I had to pick – Bapst.
Favorite place to eat:  Hillside
Favorite hangout spot on campus:  Third Floor of CLXF

Fun Facts
One thing most excited about for senior year:  Knowing more about myself and my plans for the future.
What languages do you speak besides English?  Galician, Spanish, Portuguese, and I can translate Latin.
Where do you want to go abroad?  Italy
Guilty pleasure:  Swedish Fish
Favorite Halloween costume this year:  I saw three girls as the Tri-state area – I thought that was pretty clever.
 Relationship status:  Single
Looking?  Whatever happens, happens.
Ideal girl:  Someone nice, pretty, possibly European.
Deal breakers:  Drama queens or girls who are really clingy.
Perfect date:  I’m from the beach, so anything involving that.
Any funny date stories?  I went out to dinner with a friend, and I met one of her friends for the first time and she somehow knew everything about me – even random facts that some of my friends didn’t know.
Funniest pick up line you’ve used/heard?  I’ve never used one, but I’ve seen a guy wrap up his phone number in a Hershey Kiss wrapper and give it to a girl – it worked too!
 Best advice you’ve received: Don’t let life pass you by.
Best advice for fellow freshmen: Step outside your comfort zone and always try to meet new people.
What’s on your BC Bucket List? Road tripping to Notre Dame.

Katie Moran is a junior at Boston College, majoring in Communication. Originally from Seattle, she loves the East Coast but misses her rainy days and Starbucks coffees. On campus, Katie is involved with Sub Turri Yearbook, the Appalachia Volunteer Program, UGBC Women's Issues Team, Cura, and the Women's Resource Center Big Sister Program. She loves reading, watching "Friends," and exploring new places. She has a passion for creating and hopes to begin a career in marketing and advertising.