Model Behavior: College Fashion Week Boston Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

As a young girl, did you ever watch Model Behavior and wish that you too could be a model for a day? Or did you ever wonder if you had what it took to be America’s next top model? Luckily for me, for one day, I got to exercise some model behavior and strut the runway in honor of College Fashion Week Boston. This event, sponsored by Her Campus and Simon, was a fun-filled event celebrating fashion and college women!

The event began the previous night at the South Shore Plaza in Braintree for a pre-shopping party and fitting. It was here, where I was given the clothes that I would be wearing on the runway.  My outfit was included in the section of the show titled “feminism mystique.” I loved wearing the white Calvin Klein pants, pink shirt, beige striped fluffy sweater, and pale pink Coach crossbody that topped it all off. The other looks of the show included 70s, punk, and men’s wear.

It is safe to say that the life of a model is glamorous, but also, hard work and quite long. On the day of the fashion show, all thirty models arrived to the Revere Hotel at 1:45pm to begin the day. From practicing our walks to hair and make-up to perfecting our eyebrows (compliments of European Wax City), we truly received some serious beauty treatment and pampering! I can totally understand why it is so fun to be a super model. When the magic of hair, make-up, and fashion was finally completed it was time to find my inner Gigi Hadid and walk that runway.  And let me tell you, it was truly exhilarating! The bumping music, over-the-top lights, and energy from the crowd gave all the models such an adrenaline rush!  As the Cheetah Girls said, “You gotta’ strut like you mean, free your mind” and that’s exactly what we did.

Also, I cannot forget about the goodie bags! All models and VIP were given complimentary goodie bags that were filled with items from LUNA bars to StyleWatch magazine to Milani lip-gloss and eye-shadow.  Thank you Her Campus Media, Simon, and all the other sponsors that made this annual event so memorable! Also, shout out to my roomies, Cat and Caroline, whom I was able to share this experience with! I highly recommend that in the future you attend this annual event. It truly is a fabulous way to spend a Saturday night and celebrate fashion and college women! 

Sources

http://www.collegefashionweek.com/sites/all/themes/kanji/images/HerCampu…

Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.