Meet Women’s Center Superstar Tt King!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week’s Campus Celeb is Christina (aka Tt) King! This firecracker will instantly dance her way into your heart while also educating you about important issues. She works at BC’s Women’s Center, one of the most underutilized offices on campus. Read on to get to know more about Tt, the Women’s Center, and the upcoming Love Your Body Week!

Major and Year: Sociology and Social Work, 2017

Activities: Boston College Marching Band, DOBC

How did you get involved with the Women’s Center? I got involved freshman year with Think Tank, a feminist discussion group Sundays at 7 pm in the Women’s Center! I really found a home with the people there, and felt for the first time that I was with people who “got it” when it came to gender issues and feminism. 

What exactly do you do? As a staff member for the Women’s Center, we’re responsible for administrative office tasks, but above all for campaign weeks and our respective programs. Personally, I am second point for Bystander Intervention, meaning I am responsible for helping run and organize continuing eds for our Bystander trainers, helping to organize presentations across campus, and to make changes and improvements to the presentation and the program as a whole!  

What are some services the Women’s Center offers? So like I said we have Think Tank and Bystander Intervention, alongside SANet, which is our sexual assault network hotline. We also have Duo and Rise, which are mentoring programs for first year women and junior/senior women respectively. Likewise we have Own It, which is a summit designed to bridge the gap for female leaders of the 21st century and the millenials who admire them. Further, we have our campaign weeks including CARE week, which revolves around sexual and intimate partner violence, as well as Love Your Body Week.

How can other people get involved? Think Tank is the best way to get involved! It’s on a drop-in basis and there are always really interesting topics; it’s a great way to get your feet wet! Our mentoring programs take applications in the fall, and Bystander trainer applications come out in the spring. So in the meantime, it is also great to get involved by volunteering for campaign weeks (CARE and LYBW). 

What is Love Your Body Week? LYBW is a week of programming dedicated to promoting a healthy body image on the BC campus for all students! 

Keep your eyes peeled for a LYBW schedule, and make sure you say hi to Tt when you see her on campus or in Maloney!

Photo Source:

Boston College Women’s Center

BC Senior, Future High School Teacher. Lover of laughing, Diet Coke, friends and family, pandas, peanut butter, and the BCMB.
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.